Altrincham leasehold conveyancing Example Support Desk Enquiries
I have recently realised that I have 62 years remaining on my flat in Altrincham. I now wish to extend my lease but my landlord is can not be found. What options are available to me?
If you qualify, under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 you can submit an application to the County Court for for permission to dispense with the service of the initial notice. This will mean that your lease can be granted an extra 90 years by the magistrate. You will be obliged to prove that you have used your best endeavours to track down the landlord. For most situations an enquiry agent may be useful to carry out a search and prepare an expert document which can be accepted by the court as proof that the freeholder can not be located. It is advisable to get professional help from a conveyancer in relation to investigating the landlord’s absence and the application to the County Court covering Altrincham.
Planning to sign contracts shortly on a garden flat in Altrincham. Conveyancing lawyers inform me that they will have a report out to me within the next couple of days. Are there areas in the report that I should be focusing on?
Your report on title for your leasehold conveyancing in Altrincham should include some of the following:
- You should receive a copy of the lease
I've recently bought a leasehold property in Altrincham. Am I liable to pay service charges relating to a period prior to completion of my purchase?
Where the service charge has already been demanded from the previous owner and they have not paid you would not usually be personally liable for the arrears. Strange as it may seem, your landlord may still be able to take action to forfeit the lease. A critical element of leasehold conveyancing for your conveyancer to ensure to have an up to date clear service charge receipt before completion of your purchase. If you have a mortgage this is likely to be a requirement of your lender.
If you purchase part way through an accounting year you may be liable for charges not yet demanded even if they relate to a period prior to your purchase. In such circumstances your conveyancer would normally arrange for the seller to set aside some money to cover their part of the period (usually called a service charge retention).
Do you have any top tips for leasehold conveyancing in Altrincham with the purpose of expediting the sale process?
- A significant proportion of the delay in leasehold conveyancing in Altrincham can be bypassed if you appoint lawyers as soon as you market your property and request that they start to collate the leasehold information which will be required by the purchasers’ representatives.
- The majority landlords or Management Companies in Altrincham charge for supplying management packs for a leasehold property. You or your lawyers should find out the fee that they propose to charge. The management information sought on or before finding a buyer, thus reducing delays. The average time it takes to obtain the necessary information is three weeks. It is the most frequent cause of frustration in leasehold conveyancing in Altrincham.
If all goes to plan we aim to complete the sale of our £350000 flat in Altrincham in 8 days. The landlords agents has quoted £360 for Landlord’s certificate, building insurance schedule and 3 years service charge statements. Is it legal for a freeholder to charge an administration fee for a flat conveyance in Altrincham?
For most leasehold sales in Altrincham conveyancing will involve, queries regarding the management of a building inevitably needing to be answered directly by the freeholder or its agent, this includes :
- Addressing pre-exchange enquiries
- Where consent is required before sale in Altrincham
- Supplying insurance information
- Deeds of covenant upon sale
- Registering of the assignment of the change of lessee after a sale
I am the registered owner of a studio flat in Altrincham, conveyancing was carried out 1996. Can you work out an approximate cost of a lease extension? Equivalent flats in Altrincham with an extended lease are worth £190,000. The ground rent is £55 yearly. The lease ends on 21st October 2095
With 74 years unexpired we estimate the price of your lease extension to range between £13,300 and £15,400 as well as legals.
The figure that we have given is a general guide to costs for renewing a lease, but we are not able to advice on a more accurate figure in the absence of detailed investigations. Do not use this information in a Notice of Claim or as an informal offer. There are no doubt additional concerns that need to be considered and you obviously want to be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. You should not take any other action based on this information before seeking the advice of a professional.