Recently asked questions relating to Finsbury Park leasehold conveyancing
I have recently realised that I have Fifty years remaining on my lease in Finsbury Park. I am keen to get lease extension but my freeholder is absent. What options are available to me?
On the basis that you qualify, under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 you can apply to the County Court for for permission to dispense with the service of the initial notice. This will enable the lease to be lengthened by the magistrate. However, you will be required to demonstrate that you or your lawyers have made all reasonable attempts to locate the freeholder. On the whole an enquiry agent should be useful to try and locate and prepare a report to be used as evidence that the freeholder can not be located. It is advisable to get professional help from a property lawyer both on devolving into the landlord’s disappearance and the application to the County Court overseeing Finsbury Park.
Looking forward to sign contracts shortly on a garden flat in Finsbury Park. Conveyancing solicitors have said that they are sending me a report tomorrow. Are there areas in the report that I should be focusing on?
The report on title for your leasehold conveyancing in Finsbury Park should include some of the following:
- The total extent of the demise. This will be the flat itself but may include a roof space or cellar if applicable.
Back In 2001, I bought a leasehold house in Finsbury Park. Conveyancing and Chelsea Building Society mortgage organised. A letter has just been received from someone claiming to own the freehold. Attached was a ground rent demand for rent dating back to 1995. The conveyancing solicitor in Finsbury Park who previously acted has now retired.What should I do?
First contact HMLR to make sure that this person is indeed the new freeholder. It is not necessary to incur the fees of a Finsbury Park conveyancing lawyer to do this as you can do this on the Land Registry website for a few pound. Rest assured that in any event, even if this is the rightful freeholder, under the Limitation Act 1980 the limitation period for recovery of ground rent is six years.
Can you provide any advice for leasehold conveyancing in Finsbury Park with the intention of expediting the sale process?
- Much of the delay in leasehold conveyancing in Finsbury Park can be bypassed if you appoint lawyers the minute you market your property and request that they start to put together the leasehold information needed by the purchasers’ solicitors.
- Many landlords or Management Companies in Finsbury Park charge for providing management packs for a leasehold property. You or your lawyers should find out the fee that they propose to charge. The management information can be applied for on or before finding a buyer, thus accelerating the process. The typical amount of time it takes to obtain the necessary information is three weeks. It is the most common cause of frustration in leasehold conveyancing in Finsbury Park.
We expect to complete the disposal of our £500000 garden flat in Finsbury Park next week. The managing agents has quoted £324 for Landlord’s certificate, insurance certificate and previous years statements of service charge. Is the landlord entitled to charge an administration fee for a flat conveyance in Finsbury Park?
Finsbury Park conveyancing on leasehold flats normally involves administration charges levied by managing agents :
- Addressing conveyancing due diligence enquiries
- Where consent is required before sale in Finsbury Park
- Copies of the building insurance and schedule
- Deeds of covenant upon sale
- Registering of the assignment of the change of lessee after a sale
I have attempted and failed to negotiate with my landlord to extend my lease without any joy. Can one make an application to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal? Can you recommend a Finsbury Park conveyancing firm to help?
Where there is a missing landlord or if there is dispute about the premium for a lease extension, under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 you can apply to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal to assess the sum to be paid.
An example of a Freehold Enfranchisement case for a Finsbury Park premises is 51 Lorne Road in November 2009. The price Payable as decided by the tribunal for the freehold reversion was £27,000. The valuation follows the order of the County Court made on 3 April 2008 granting a vesting order. This case affected 1 flat. The the number of years remaining on the existing lease(s) was 71 years.