Hackney Marshes leasehold conveyancing Example Support Desk Enquiries
Harry (my fiance) and I may need to sub-let our Hackney Marshes basement flat for a while due to taking a sabbatical. We used a Hackney Marshes conveyancing firm in 2002 but they have closed and we did not think at the time seek any guidance as to whether the lease permits subletting. How do we find out?
Even though your previous Hackney Marshes conveyancing lawyer is not around you can check your lease to see if it allows you to sublet the property. The accepted inference is that if the lease is silent, subletting is permitted. Quite often there is a prerequisite that you are obliged to obtain permission from your landlord or other appropriate person before subletting. This means you not allowed to sublet in the absence of prior permission. Such consent should not be unreasonably refused ore delayed. If your lease does not allow you to sublet you should ask your landlord for their consent.
Looking forward to exchange soon on a garden flat in Hackney Marshes. Conveyancing lawyers inform me that they will have a report out to me tomorrow. What should I be looking out for?
The report on title for your leasehold conveyancing in Hackney Marshes should include some of the following:
- Setting out your legal entitlements in respect of common areas in the building.For example, does the lease grant a right of way over a path or staircase?
I’m about to sell my garden flat in Hackney Marshes.Conveyancing is yet to be initiated but I have just received a yearly service charge demand – what should I do?
It best that you discharge the service charge as normal because all ground rent and service charges will be apportioned on completion, so you will be reimbursed by the buyer for the period running from after the completion date to the next payment date. Most management companies will not acknowledge the buyer unless the service charges have been paid and are up to date so it is important for both buyer and seller for the seller to show that they are up to date. This will smooth the conveyancing process.
Can you provide any top tips for leasehold conveyancing in Hackney Marshes with the aim of expediting the sale process?
- A significant proportion of the delay in leasehold conveyancing in Hackney Marshes can be reduced where you get in touch lawyers the minute your agents start advertising the property and request that they start to collate the leasehold documentation which will be required by the purchasers’ solicitors.
- Many freeholders or managing agents in Hackney Marshes levy fees for supplying management packs for a leasehold property. You or your lawyers should discover the fee that they propose to charge. The management information sought as soon as you have a buyer, thus accelerating the process. The typical amount of time it takes to obtain the necessary information is three weeks. It is the most common reason for delay in leasehold conveyancing in Hackney Marshes.
All being well we will complete the sale of our £300000 garden flat in Hackney Marshes next week. The managing agents has quoted £420 for Certificate of Compliance, building insurance schedule and previous years statements of service charge. Is the landlord entitled to charge an administration fee for a leasehold conveyance in Hackney Marshes?
For the majority of leasehold sales in Hackney Marshes conveyancing will involve, queries regarding the management of a building inevitably needing to be answered directly by the freeholder or its agent, this includes :
- Addressing pre-exchange questions
- Where consent is required before sale in Hackney Marshes
- Copies of the building insurance and schedule
- Deeds of covenant upon sale
- Registering of the assignment of the change of lessee after a sale
After years of correspondence we simply can't agree with our landlord on how much the lease extension should cost for our flat in Hackney Marshes. Does the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal have jurisdiction to calculate the appropriate figures?
Most certainly. We can put you in touch with a Hackney Marshes conveyancing firm who can help.
An example of a Freehold Enfranchisement matter before the tribunal for a Hackney Marshes flat is 12 Nutfield Road in July 2014. the Tribunal judged that the price to be paid by the applicants for the freehold interest should be £19,572 This case related to 2 flats. The the unexpired term as at the valuation date was 72.02 years.