Sample questions relating to Palmers Green leasehold conveyancing
There are only 72 years remaining on my lease in Palmers Green. I now want to extend my lease but my freeholder is can not be found. What should I do?
If you meet the appropriate requirements, under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 you can apply to the County Court for an order to dispense with the service of the initial notice. This will mean that your lease can be extended by the Court. You will be obliged to demonstrate that you have made all reasonable attempts to track down the freeholder. For most situations a specialist may be useful to try and locate and prepare a report to be accepted by the court as proof that the freeholder can not be located. It is wise to seek advice from a property lawyer both on proving the landlord’s disappearance and the vesting order request to the County Court overseeing Palmers Green.
I have just appointed agents to market my garden apartment in Palmers Green.Conveyancing solicitors are to be appointed soon but I have just received a yearly maintenance charge demand – what should I do?
The sensible thing to do is pay the service charge as normal because all ground rent and service charges will be apportioned on completion, so you will be reimbursed by the buyer for the period running from after the completion date to the next payment date. Most managing agents will not acknowledge the buyer until the service charges have been paid and are up to date so it is important for both buyer and seller for the seller to show that they are up to date. This will smooth the conveyancing process.
I am looking at a two apartments in Palmers Green which have about 50 years remaining on the lease term. Do I need to be concerned?
A lease is a right to use the premises for a period of time. As a lease shortens the saleability of the lease decreases and results in it becoming more expensive to acquire a lease extension. This is why it is advisable to extend the lease term. Sometimes it is difficulties arise selling premises with a short lease because mortgage companies may be unwilling to lend money on properties of this type. Lease extension can be a protracted process. We recommend you seek professional help from a conveyancer and surveyor with experience in this field
Do you have any top tips for leasehold conveyancing in Palmers Green from the perspective of speeding up the sale process?
- A significant proportion of the delay in leasehold conveyancing in Palmers Green can be bypassed where you get in touch lawyers as soon as you market your property and request that they start to collate the leasehold documentation which will be required by the buyers lawyers.
- In the event that you altered the property did you need the Landlord’s consent? Have you, for example installed wooden flooring? Palmers Green leases often stipulate that internal structural alterations or laying down wooden flooring necessitate a licence issued by the Landlord consenting to such works. If you dont have the approvals in place do not contact the landlord without checking with your solicitor in advance.
Completion in due on our sale of a £200000 flat in Palmers Green in seven days. The managing agents has quoted £348 for Landlord’s certificate, insurance certificate and 3 years service charge statements. Is it legal for a freeholder to charge exorbitant fees for a flat conveyance in Palmers Green?
Palmers Green conveyancing on leasehold apartments ordinarily results in administration charges levied by management companies :
- Completing pre-contract questions
- Where consent is required before sale in Palmers Green
- Supplying insurance information
- Deeds of covenant upon sale
- Registering of the assignment of the change of lessee after a sale
Having spent months of negotiations we are unable to agree with our landlord on how much the lease extension should cost for our flat in Palmers Green. Can we issue an application to the Residential Property Tribunal Service?
if there is a absentee landlord or where there is disagreement about what the lease extension should cost, under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 you can apply to the LVT to make a decision on the price.
An example of a Lease Extension case for a Palmers Green premises is First Floor Flat 109 Lyndhurst Road in May 2010. Following a vesting order by Edmonton County Court on 29th October 2009 the Tribunal decided on a figure of £5,012 for a lease extension. This case affected 1 flat. The the unexpired term as at the valuation date was 81.79 years.