Shepherd's Bush leasehold conveyancing: Q and A’s
Expecting to complete next month on a basement flat in Shepherd's Bush. Conveyancing solicitors assured me that they are sending me a report tomorrow. What should I be looking out for?
Your report on title for your leasehold conveyancing in Shepherd's Bush should include some of the following:
- You should receive a copy of the lease
I today plan to offer on a house that appears to tick a lot of boxes, at a reasonable figure which is making it all the more appealing. I have since found out that the title is leasehold rather than freehold. I am assuming that there are issues purchasing a house with a leasehold title in Shepherd's Bush. Conveyancing advisers have not yet been instructed. Will my lawyers set out the implications of buying a leasehold house in Shepherd's Bush ?
The majority of houses in Shepherd's Bush are freehold and not leasehold. This is one of the situations where having a local conveyancer used to dealing with such properties who can assist with the conveyancing process. it is apparent that you are buying in Shepherd's Bush in which case you should be shopping around for a Shepherd's Bush conveyancing solicitor and check that they have experience in advising on leasehold houses. First you will need to check the number of years remaining. As a lessee you will not be at liberty to do whatever you want to the property. The lease comes with conditions for example obtaining the landlord’spermission to conduct alterations. It may be necessary to pay a contribution towards the upkeep of the estate where the house is located on an estate. Your solicitor should appraise you on the various issues.
What are your top tips when it comes to finding a Shepherd's Bush conveyancing firm to deal with our lease extension?
If you are instructing a solicitor for lease extension works (regardless if they are a Shepherd's Bush conveyancing firm) it is most important that they be familiar with the legislation and specialises in this area of work. We recommend that you make enquires with several firms including non Shepherd's Bush conveyancing practices prior to instructing a firm. Where the conveyancing practice is ALEP accredited then so much the better. Some following of questions might be of use:
- How familiar is the firm with lease extension legislation?
Can you provide any top tips for leasehold conveyancing in Shepherd's Bush from the point of view of expediting the sale process?
- A significant proportion of the frustration in leasehold conveyancing in Shepherd's Bush can be avoided if you get in touch lawyers as soon as your agents start marketing the property and request that they start to collate the leasehold information which will be required by the buyers lawyers.
- The majority landlords or managing agents in Shepherd's Bush charge for supplying management packs for a leasehold premises. You or your lawyers should discover the actual amount of the charges. The management pack can be applied for as soon as you have a buyer, thus reducing delays. The typical amount of time it takes to receive management information is three weeks. It is the most frequent reason for frustration in leasehold conveyancing in Shepherd's Bush.
If all goes to plan we aim to complete the disposal of our £225000 apartment in Shepherd's Bush next Thursday . The landlords agents has quoted £348 for Certificate of Compliance, insurance certificate and previous years service charge statements. Is it legal for a freeholder to charge such fees for a leasehold conveyance in Shepherd's Bush?
For the majority of leasehold sales in Shepherd's Bush conveyancing will involve, queries regarding the management of a building inevitably needing to be answered directly by the freeholder or its agent, this includes :
- Completing conveyancing due diligence questions
- Where consent is required before sale in Shepherd's Bush
- Copies of the building insurance and schedule
- Deeds of covenant upon sale
- Registering of the assignment of the change of lessee after a sale
Having spent months of negotiations we simply can't agree with our landlord on how much the lease extension should cost for our flat in Shepherd's Bush. Can we issue an application to the Residential Property Tribunal Service?
You certainly can. We are happy to put you in touch with a Shepherd's Bush conveyancing firm who can help.
An example of a Freehold Enfranchisement decision for a Shepherd's Bush flat is 82 Minford Gardens in February 2009. The Tribunal determined that the enfranchisement price was £37,341 This case was in relation to 2 flats. The the unexpired residue of the current lease was 72.92 years.