Frequently asked questions relating to Whitchurch leasehold conveyancing
I am in need of some leasehold conveyancing in Whitchurch. Before diving in I would like to find out the remaining lease term.
If the lease is recorded at the land registry - and almost all are in Whitchurch - then the leasehold title will always include the basic details of the lease, namely the date; the term; and the original parties. From a conveyancing perspective such details then enable any prospective buyer and lender to confirm that any lease they are looking at is the one relevant to that title.For any other purpose, such as confirming how long the term was granted for and calculating what is left, then the register should be sufficient on it's own.
My partner and I may need to rent out our Whitchurch garden flat temporarily due to a career opportunity. We used a Whitchurch conveyancing practice in 2001 but they have closed and we did not think at the time get any guidance as to whether the lease prohibits the subletting of the flat. How do we find out?
Even though your last Whitchurch conveyancing lawyer is no longer around you can check your lease to check if it allows you to sublet the premises. The rule is that if the lease is silent, subletting is allowed. Quite often there is a prerequisite that you must seek consent from your landlord or other appropriate person before subletting. This means you not allowed to sublet without prior consent. The consent should not be unreasonably refused ore delayed. If your lease does not allow you to sublet you will need to ask your landlord for their consent.
There are only 62 years remaining on my flat in Whitchurch. I now wish to extend my lease but my landlord is can not be found. What are my options?
On the basis that you qualify, under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 you can submit an application to the County Court for an order to dispense with the service of the initial notice. This will mean that your lease can be lengthened by the Court. You will be obliged to demonstrate that you have made all reasonable attempts to find the lessor. On the whole a specialist may be useful to carry out a search and prepare an expert document to be used as proof that the freeholder can not be located. It is advisable to get professional help from a solicitor in relation to investigating the landlord’s disappearance and the application to the County Court overseeing Whitchurch.
Do you have any advice for leasehold conveyancing in Whitchurch with the purpose of expediting the sale process?
- A significant proportion of the frustration in leasehold conveyancing in Whitchurch can be avoided if you instruct lawyers the minute you market your property and request that they start to put together the leasehold information which will be required by the purchasers’ solicitors.
- The majority freeholders or Management Companies in Whitchurch charge for providing management packs for a leasehold premises. You or your lawyers should discover the actual amount of the charges. The management information sought on or before finding a buyer, thus reducing delays. The typical amount of time it takes to obtain the necessary information is three weeks. It is the most frequent reason for frustration in leasehold conveyancing in Whitchurch.
We expect to complete our sale of a £125000 apartment in Whitchurch next week. The landlords agents has quoted £372 for Landlord’s certificate, insurance certificate and 3 years service charge statements. Is the landlord entitled to charge an administration fee for a flat conveyance in Whitchurch?
For most leasehold sales in Whitchurch conveyancing will involve, queries regarding the management of a building inevitably needing to be answered directly by the freeholder or its agent, this includes :
- Answering conveyancing due diligence enquiries
- Where consent is required before sale in Whitchurch
- Supplying insurance information
- Deeds of covenant upon sale
- Registering of the assignment of the change of lessee after a sale
Leasehold Conveyancing in Whitchurch - Examples of Queries before buying
What is the annual service fee and ground rent?
What is the length of the lease?
How is the lease structured?