Ewloe leasehold conveyancing Example Support Desk Enquiries
Jane (my partner) and I may need to sub-let our Ewloe basement flat for a while due to a new job. We instructed a Ewloe conveyancing firm in 2001 but they have closed and we did not have the foresight to seek any guidance as to whether the lease permits subletting. How do we find out?
A small minority of properties in Ewloe do contain a provision to say that subletting is only permitted with prior consent from the landlord. The landlord is not entitled to unreasonably refuse but, in such cases, they would need to review references. Experience dictates that problems are usually caused by unsatisfactory tenants rather than owner-occupiers and for that reason you can expect the freeholder to take up the references and consider them carefully before granting permission.
Planning to exchange soon on a ground floor flat in Ewloe. Conveyancing solicitors inform me that they report fully next week. What should I be looking out for?
The report on title for your leasehold conveyancing in Ewloe should include some of the following:
- Details of the parties to the lease, for example these could be the leaseholder (you), head lessor, freeholder
I am a negotiator for a reputable estate agency in Ewloe where we have experienced a number of leasehold sales put at risk as a result of leases having less than 80 years remaining. I have received inconsistent advice from local Ewloe conveyancing firms. Could you shed some light as to whether the seller of a flat can instigate the lease extension process for the purchaser on completion of the sale?
Provided that the seller has been the owner for at least 2 years it is possible, to serve a Section 42 notice to kick-start the lease extension process and assign the benefit of the notice to the purchaser. This means that the buyer need not have to sit tight for 2 years for a lease extension. Both sets of lawyers will agree to form of assignment. The assignment needs to be completed before, or at the same time as completion of the disposal of the property.
Alternatively, it may be possible to agree the lease extension with the freeholder either before or after the sale. If you are informally negotiating there are no rules and so you cannot insist on the landlord agreeing to grant an extension or transferring the benefit of an agreement to the purchaser.
Can you provide any top tips for leasehold conveyancing in Ewloe with the intention of speeding up the sale process?
- Much of the delay in leasehold conveyancing in Ewloe can be bypassed if you appoint lawyers as soon as your agents start advertising the property and request that they start to collate the leasehold documentation needed by the purchasers’ solicitors.
- A minority of Ewloe leases require Licence to Assign from the landlord. If this is the case, you should notify your estate agents to make sure that the purchasers put in hand bank and professional references. Any bank reference should make it clear that the buyer is financially capable of paying the annual service charge and the actual amount of the service charge should be quoted in the bank’s letter. You will therefore need to provide your estate agents with the actual amount of the service charge so that they can pass this information on to the purchasers or their solicitors.
All being well we will complete the disposal of our £400000 apartment in Ewloe next week. The landlords agents has quoted £372 for Landlord’s certificate, building insurance schedule and previous years service charge statements. Is the landlord entitled to charge such fees for a flat conveyance in Ewloe?
Ewloe conveyancing on leasehold flats ordinarily necessitates administration charges levied by management companies :
- Addressing pre-contract questions
- Where consent is required before sale in Ewloe
- Copies of the building insurance and schedule
- Deeds of covenant upon sale
- Registering of the assignment of the change of lessee after a sale
Ewloe Leasehold Conveyancing - Examples of Questions you should ask Prior to Purchasing
What is the maintenance charge and ground rent on the apartment?
What prohibitions are there in the Ewloe Lease?
Many Ewloe leasehold flats will have a service charge for maintenance of the block invoiced by the landlord. If you acquire the apartment you will have to meet this contribution, normally periodically throughout the year. This may be anything from a few hundred pounds to thousands of pounds for bigger purpose-built blocks. In all probability there will be a rentcharge for you to pay yearly, ordinarily this is not a exorbitant amount, say around £25-£75 but you should to enquire it because on occasion it can be many hundreds of pounds.